Saturday, November 22, 2008

Coming To You This December!!!

Last weekend was the first annual mother/daughter christmas trip to Melbourne. It was also the weekend that we had tickets to see Andre Rieu. It marked the beginning of the christmas season for me. It also heralded a bout of measles for me and mum.

It has given me the opportunity to start planning my 2008 christmas season. As much as I love holidays, Christmas is my very favourite time of year. I love decking the house out, making it feel festive and cosy. I love playing carols and watching christmas movies (and I have accumulated quite a selection so that the almost 6 or so weeks that I keep everything going we don't get tired of them all), I love playing my virtual fireplace dvd with all of the lights out and the christmas lights that are hung with care around the room lit, I love my christmas baking sessions - especially those with mum.

I have all of this to look forward to!

And, now, after spending a week at home sick - I have the battle plan all prepared and I'm heading off to war.

Let the festive season commence!!!

p.s. For anyone who happens to be in Melbourne in November over the weekend of the Myer Christmas Parade - this is the best time to do your christmas shopping. Everything is now in all the stores and they are totally empty because everyone is at the parade. And Myer has all christmas stuff in Santa Land 25% off. Now that's christmas spirit!!!!

2 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

So you are spotty dotty???? Ewwww! Hope you get better soon! I have had a nasty virus and bronchial infection (again!). Must be the season for lurgies!

The Cats Mother said...

No, I've got dashes of rashes. I wondered why I didn't have spots but both the doc and mum said you get a rash with measles, not spots (something to remember for those kiddly-winks of yours).

I'm also counting down to your arrival - I cannot wait!