Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yes Dear!

I love my new job - I love it to bits. But I feel I need impart some important knowledge about dealing with me.

I love helping people out, particularly when they are quite obviously scared or nervous and it's so satisfying to see them calm down and feel better about the day they are about to return to because I've been able to assure them that everything is ok - nothing to worry about mate!

However, there is that part of me that comes out fighting. This is generally brought out by the "ferals" and "nasties" that I also have the joy of dealing with. Just you try it and I'll come out guns blazing. I don't take no crap - I'll tell you what's what in no uncertain terms. I won't be rude but I ain't no pushover buddy (they didn't call me switch bitch at my first job as a receptionist for nothing).

And then there are the lovely "dears" who I have never spoken to before in my life who call me darling, dear or love. I don't mind people who call me sweetheart, darl, love or dear. These people are called my friends. You, "dear" stranger are not my friend, especially when you take that tone with me. You may be 60, but darlin', I'll take you down.

And so endeth the lesson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly take after your Nanna and Mamma. Neither of them liked/likes being called "dear" by strangers. Nanna always put them in their proper place and so does your mother - TeeHeeHee!!!