Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's All Water Under The Bridge

I haven't died. I'm still around.

I've spent the last week writing job applications for the two positions that opened up at my temporary work. And I am hoping and praying I get one of them as I really want to stay. I realised this week that since the move and starting this new job that I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life. I'm getting fitter (and have lost some weight as a result. Running up and down 3 flights of stairs each morning also helps!) and I'm meeting new people and subsequently have started making new friends. Life is good!!!!
According to my father, he doesn't just get a day for father's day, he gets an entire weekend. Not sure how he figures that one, but I'll play along this time. It meant a day out today and was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
We drove over the Batman Bridge which, for a bridge, was actually quite lovely.
We also drove through Beaconsfield. For all you aussies following along, you'll know why Beaconsfield is now famous through-out Australia because of the mine collapse that happened a couple of years ago now. It is so hard to believe that the mine is actually situated right in the middle of the town. So surreal. And sad at the same time because you also think about Larry Knight who died in the collapse, and the two survivors. I guess it hit a little closer to home for me than any other stranger because I get to see all the comings and goings for the inquest into the collapse and death of Larry each day from work. Very sad.


Tonight, however, my focus is on finding something suitable to wear to my brother's wedding. I had a dress that I bought, but have now decided against. Why oh why is it so hard to find something nice?! I might just wear a garbage bag I think!

I'm also starting to panic slightly because I bought a wedding present for them before I moved, however I haven't located it as yet. I'd better find it in the next few weeks or I'm up the creek without a paddle. Bollocks!
Update: I just found two, yes two, totally fabulous dresses on ebay. I am going to look so god-damn gorgeous at this wedding it's positively sinful (sp?).
Downsides:
1) Is it possible to look so damn cute at your brother's wedding, that it would be considered in bad taste. In my defence, I am not trying to upstage the bride and not hook up with any hottie there (not that there are going to be any hotties there - well, except me, it's all family).
2) The dresses are currently on location in England. Bollocks!

1 comment:

Brissiemum2 said...

I'm sure that you'll look fabbo no matter what you find to wear! Dress for Qld weather again though!

Hope the job application goes well!

And happy father's day to Uncle P!