Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spring Chickens

Can you teach an old dog new tricks???

Ok now I'm not admitting to being old (nearly 30 isn't old, right???) and dog - well we won't go there. I'm nice, really!!!

Anyway, I am loving spring more and more each day. It is now officially day two of spring and even though I can't really do anything right now I'm already planning on my spring and summer activities.

However, this summer I am going to start doing things that I haven't done for years.

This summer, I am going to buy a bike and start cycling again. I haven't ridden a bike since I was probably, oh I don't know, 10...12... somewhere around there. I wasn't very good at it back then, but this time, I going to conquer a bicycle.

I'm going to start running. I have a running buddy lined up - just as soon as I can get back out and start exercising again.

I'm going to go hiking. Never did it, always wanted to. Now that I'm living in Tasmania (seemingly the hiking capital of Australia) I'm going to start.

Swimming - maybe. Could be too cold. Haven't decided yet.

I'm going to play golf more. I bought a golf set a couple of years ago and haven't used it that much. This year - it's going to get a real workout!

Play softball - I've already joined a team.

I'm going to go to the local fairs. I think I can call them that because they are not really like the Brisbane ekke - we have the city show and then local town shows. My town even has it's own little fair. And I've already got a group of friends to go with - so excited!!!

See - don't you wish you lived in Tassie right now?

If only just to see this accident prone idiot make an ass of herself all summer long!!!! See, should be fun :o)

3 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

You know what you have destined yourself for if you take up golf, don't you???? Weekends and weekends of out of the course with your dad...and a couple of uncles if you come to Qld!

The Cats Mother said...

I know. But, really, you should see the amazing courses down here.

There is actually one that is on a cliff over the ocean.

Way cool!!!

taawd said...

btw, 30 is not that old... try 36 on for size.

i'm still having tons of fun tho, so you've got that to look forward too.

many fun years lie ahead!