Thursday, October 2, 2008

Who Are You???

Ok, so I've just finished watching the first season of Samantha Who (hey, I'm home and I'm sick and I can't do anything except sleep or watch tv - and damn it, that's what I intend to do) and I'm totally hooked.

Apart from the fact that I'm a HUGE Barry Watson and Christina Applegate fan (where can I find myself a gorgeously cute and handsome Barry of my own - I love him and I want one!!!!) it is so funny to watch. And yet, educational at the same time (oh my god - I really am old).

Maybe I paid a little more attention to it than I normally would but it really hit home in a way I didn't expect. Perhaps it's because that new chance that Samantha gets is what I got. Well, not in the way that she did, but I was so unhappy in my old life that this year I finally found the courage to start all over again.

You know the saying about the grass being greener. Everyone always says you don't appreciate your life until you jump the fence and try the grass for yourself. Once you do, you'll be thankful for your life. Well you know what, I've jumped the fence and I'm not jumping back.

Without getting too soppy and sentimental, I am totally in love with my new life and the new me. I didn't think it was possible to feel this content with the decisions I've made in my life lately. I have the enormous joy of being able to say that I've found a job and workplace that I am totally in love with. It's the first job I've been in my entire life that I would happily spend the rest of my life working there.

I'm more motivated than ever in my entire life to exercise. I'm trying things that I always wanted to try but never had the courage to do. I'm making new friends and am not scared to be myself. I'm learning how to not take comments or random things personally. I'm learning how to say no (which is a massive accomplishment for the eternal people pleaser). I'm learning to accept me for me. I'm trying to not be ashamed of the things that I love and not pretend to love things that I think will make people like me better for. Damn it, I love Disney and I'm not ashamed to say it anymore.

So, in summary - when people tell you that rather than groaning about your life change it and just be yourself - believe me, it isn't easy to do but so totally worth it in the end!

You may even end up suprising yourself!!!!!!

This is so not where I saw this blog entry going however I am brave enough to say that I just don't care!!!

Oh and who knew that Barry Watson with a short haircut and semi-beard was so god-damn gorgeous?! Yum.

No comments: