Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wedding Fever (and other updates)!

I am not gone - I'm still here.

My baby brother is now officially a husband - and I now officially have a sister (in-law).

It was such a beautiful day. Exactly how I dream of my wedding day turning out. Perfect weather, your closest loved ones, wine, laughter and perhaps a few tears (yes, I cried throughout the whole ceremony. Hey, I love weddings, what can I say!)

My sister-in-law (how weird does it feel to be saying that) looked stunning. She was so beautiful. And my brother looked so handsome. There is something about suits that make him look gorgeous!

The day was wonderful and followed by a night of revelry with family dinner at the local sizzler. Sounds tacky but I had a ball (a special thanks to Brissiemum - my cousin - who made the extra special trip with DH and her kids from the other side of town just for dinner. It meant so much to me to be able to see them that night as I was so disheartened at being so near yet not seeing them. I love you and miss you all).

Some of my favourites highlights of the day, night and trip in total:
  • Seeing the flowers for the wedding. I had reservations about artificial flowers being used for all of the flowers, but was pleasantly suprised. They looked real from a distance - very impressed.
  • That my brother's old workmates took time off work to come and watch the ceremony. I thought that was especially nice of them. And good to catch up with them as well.
  • Watching my brother get married. It seemed so surreal - I can't believe he's all grown up now.
  • Seeing my aunt who we all thought would not make it to the wedding or be around at all by now after a very serious bout of illness recently. She looked magnificient all things considered and her sense of humour hasn't dampened. Love you Aunty C - I'm so glad you were there.
  • Watching my "adopted" nephew (Brissiemum's son and my second cousin) work his way through the buffet. 12, yes 12 plates of food plus one ice cream cone. I'm still don't know how he didn't get sick.
  • Hearing all of the fabulous one liners my "adopted niece (Brissiemum's daughter and my second cousin) come up with. Among the top 5 are her statement after Brissiemum told me how the superteen vomited on their driveway after a buffet pig out - said by Young Miss "There was watermelon in there too." Thanks for the visual Miss.
  • Coming home. Even though I am Brisbane born and bred until 3 months ago - I don't miss living there. I just miss my family. But I love Tassie with all of my heart and it was so good to come home.

I know there were so many other wonderful moments throughout the day but these are my favourites so far.

I have started working in my new position at work and become a official employee as of Tuesday. Weekends are pretty much booked up until christmas and I have already started planning christmas lunch, decorations etc. It is absolutely my favourite time of year. I just wish it would be colder. Spring has officially arrived in Tasmania and I am in mourning for winter. I detest summer with a passion. However, I now have a family visit in January to look forward to and the big 30 is looming on the horizon.

What a busy end of 2008 and busy 2009 it shall be!








1 comment:

Brissiemum2 said...

Well, it was great catching up with you, too! Can't wait for January now.

The Superteen was fine after all of his courses of food. Go figure! No if it was anyone else, we would be revisiting watermelon! Lol!

And as for that daughter of mine....she def has a way with words! Lol!