Saturday, August 2, 2008

Addiction, Thy Name Is......


Hello, my name is Tanya and I am an addict. A handbag addict. A shoe addict. A recipe book addict. A disney addict.

It sure is a good thing I gave up caffeine and nearly all alcohol (I maybe drink a half glass of wine every month or two), because my other addictions seem to have overtaken my life. I am spending a lazy Sunday doing some more unpacking. And I unpacked one particularly large box that to my horror was full (yes, full) of handbags. All sorts of handbags. Cute little shoulder bags, lovely casual day purses, evening purses, laptop bags, large carry-all bags, totes, general carry bags, bags bags bags. How on earth did I accumulate so many bags. And the worse thing is, a good portion of these bags are creeping onto ten years old. I even found my two favourite purses that I used when I first turned 18 and started going out to clubs and bars. I still have them. I have kept all of them (except for the very few that fell into such disrepair that it was cheaper to toss them or give them to charity).

What's worse is I haven't started to unpack my shoes. I'm afraid to even look in that box.

My bags and shoes lived all over my room in previous houses. Since I have a nice, large bedroom (cheers mum and dad for buying a such a big house) that I decided before the move to get myself organised shoe and bag wise. I bought covers for all of my bags, I bought shoe boxes for all of my shoes. And now I'm a little alarmed when looking at all of them neatly organised - there are so many. I haven't touched my book boxes (Dad is not so subtly hinting that he would like my book boxes to remain packed and stored in the shed until I move out) and barely started opening all of the china and antiques I have collected over my years.

I never really realised just how much stuff I have picked up in my lifetime thus far. Now I have done lots of spring clean outs and several major clean outs (that required several trips to the rubbish dump and I am sure quite a few thankyous from various charity shops - there are several I just about stocked from top to tail). I did the biggest cleanout ever prior to this interstate move.

I think ebay is about to get a new best seller customer!

p.s. I have this amazingly gorgeous pair of lavender Manolo Blahniks that I bought on ebay at a steal but turned out to be just slightly to narrow for me to wear comfortably. However they look gorgeous on Mum. I'm still trying to convince her that she should wear them to my brother's wedding in October. Go on Mum - you'll look smashing!!!!!!!!

No comments: