Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's Your SGP?

Secret Guilty Pleasures!!!

So, I guess it won't be so secret now, but I absolutely LOVE soft boiled (well, I like them really runny with the whites just cooked - I have this down to an art when boiling!!!) eggs with soldier toast.

Runny eggs and soldier toast was what mum always let me have when I was sick as a kid. And it became the comfort food of choice when I was sick or feeling a bit down as I grew into a teenager and now into my adulthood.

But here's the odd thing. I don't like runny eggs and soldier toast for breakfast. For me, the guilty pleasure is in eating runny eggs and soldier toast for dinner (and maybe for lunch if I really am hankering after it). It's weird - there is something so satisfying about having eggs and toast for tea. It's kinda of like having grilled cheese on toast for lunch. It's not a heavy meal but it just fills you up in a way no other food could.

BTW - this doesn't mean I refuse to eat eggs for breakfast. However I only like poached eggs or eggs benedict for breakfast. I am very fussy about what sort of eggs I eat at certain times of day.

Hmmm - I wonder if eggs for dinner and eggs for breakfast would be overdoing it????

1 comment:

Brissiemum2 said...

Chocolate, of course!

The secret pleasure of psm-ing women everywhere! Baahaaaaa! ;)