Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I See Red!!!

I hate to admit it, but I get my hair coloured - blonde. I'm not dyeing it lighter as I am naturally blonde but I like to change the shades of blonde I have. Until recent months that is, when I made the decision to go darker. A shade of honey brown I think it is.

I loved my hairdresser in Queensland. It took me forever to find one that I truly loved and I hated leaving her. She got my hair. She understood my hair. And better still, she always understood what colour I was talking about, no matter how vague my description was.

Today I braved uncharted waters and tried a new hairdresser here in Tassie. I put if off for as long as I could but I couldn't deny the fact last week that my hair was driving me nuts. It was time for a cut and colour. All was going great guns during the hairdressing session and the immediate hours following.

Until I got home........

The front half of my hair has turned this odd reddy/coppery/strawberry colour. Which wouldn't be so bad if the bottom and back half were not the nice honey colour it was when I left the hairdresser. The damn woman who washed the initial colour out of my hair obviously didn't get it all out because it wasn't like this when I left the salon. Aaargh!!!!!

So, time for round two. I've rung the salon, told them what happened and they have told me to come back tomorrow to fix it. *fingers crossed* it had better work this time. Because I don't particularly want to walk around town looking like Bozo the clown!

*sigh* I wish my old hairdresser would move to Tassie. Life would be so much simpler.

No comments: