Friday, August 15, 2008

Bollocks, Bugger and Darn It All!!!

A lovely day today. Mum, Dad and I went cross-state driving this afternoon to see some more of our new home state. It was beautiful. We nearly made it to the snow as well. But, as with all great days, there are nearly always downers.

I had a job interview this morning. I kind of got the feeling when I walked in that he had no intention of hiring me. This was confirmed by a phone call at 4.00pm this afternoon. Bugger!

I started to feel sick (probably car sick - very unusual for me though) while waiting for Dad to pick his new car up. Bollocks! (Feeling much better now though - yay)

Leisel Jones and Libby Trickett didn't win gold medals in their races today. Darn it (however all of the gold medals won by Australia so far have been won by the girls - take that fellas!!! yay)

Southern Cross have crossed from the olympics coverage to the AFL match. Bugger - I prefer to watch the olympics (it also means I won't get to watch the end of the cycling and probably some of the swimming. Double bugger!)

No matter, I probably wouldn't have liked the job that I interviewed for (and I obviously wasn't meant to get it anyway), I was only sick for an hour or so and recovered enough to eat mum's vegie patties (yum yum), Leisel and Libby swam their best (and you can't ask for more than that) and SBS is still covering some of the games (just wish it wasn't women's soccer).

As always, a day of ups and downs.

Bring on the weekend!!!!



1 comment:

Brissiemum2 said...

Yep, sad that we keep getting silver and not gold but really, I think there is far too much pressure on our swimmers so any medal should be a bonus!

And the cycling ended for me when Cadel only got 5th in the time trials and then I found out that he was carrying an injury....5th was damn good when you consider that! Can you tell that I am a true Cadel fan now?!

And as for the job interview...don't worry! Something will come up with someone who truly appreciates you! I can feel it in my bones! ;)