Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Do YOU Know The Way To San Jose?????

I got lost. Totally lost. Heed this warning - do not ever give me navigational responsibilities if travelling with me.

I headed into town this morning for a job interview (got offered the job but turned it down - long story but I know I was right to turn it down. Bah, will I never learn?).

Anyway, I was trying to find their office. Launceston city is not big by any means - well not at all. But I'm finding it hard coming from the "big smoke" (Brisbane) where I grew up and knew my way around blindfolded. Now, I'm the one wandering around town with a map in hand trying to find my way.

You might as well set me loose in a maze next time because I'll be just as effective. I spent over ten minutes walking the streets trying to find this office. I couldn't understand it - according to the map I was only one street away but it was never the street name on the sign post.

It occured to me after some time of aimless wandering that I had the map upside down. DUH!!!!!!

And no, I did not stop and ask for directions. Then I would have looked like a real loser!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, would make it easier if map was read right way up. But have you noticed that most streets in Lonnie's CBD are not even signposted? How on earth are we to find our way around? Do we go to ground and use our noses like sniffer dogs??? Maybe that is what they expect and they have the sniffer dog police checking us out for positions at customs check at the hairy-scary port.

You did the right thing with the job - you have been down that road before and burnt out big time. Never again!!!!