Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Sad Sign of the Times

I've been flicking through the cable channels this afternoon for some background noise while writing job applications and came across the show "Party Planner with David Tutera". Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy planning parties and decorating. It one of the reasons I love christmas, easter and halloween so much - the decorating and getting into the spirit of the season.

But the episode airing this afternoon was "Divorce Party". Now, I am all for throwing a party for the smallest reason, but I kind of think a divorce party is a bit disturbing. I just don't like the idea of celebrating the end of something that more than likely started out wonderfully, but for whatever reason, didn't work out in the end. I have no problem with people divorcing (even though it saddens me) but do we really need to through a party in it's honour? I really do think people don't value marriage as they used to.

For the record, should I ever get divorced (and yes, I am well aware that I need meet the love of my life and get married first) there will most definately NOT be a party.

p.s. Anyone who knows suitable candidates for the position of my future husband, I am accepting applications now. No references required.

No comments: