Sunday, August 3, 2008

Games People Play

I didn't realise until last night while watching the nightly news that the Olympics opens on Friday night.

I've never been big on watching sports, especially watching a sport religiously. Much to my father's despair, I especially do not enjoy rugby league (this doesn't mean that I'm not proud of the fact that my dad played A-grade footy in his youth. Just the opposite - I think it's cool to be able to say your dad was a somewhat well known player in his day).

I'm interested to see what China comes up with for the opening ceremony. Our local news station covered the story about the leak from inside the dress rehearsal of the ceremony. It's a shame really, it takes a bit of the magic out of the evening I think.

I'm looking forward to watching the swimming and a few of the other sports. But I am also counting down to the 2010 Vancouver winter games. As much as I love the summer games, I absolutely adore watching the winter games. I am also hoping that I may even be able to go to the Vancouver games. That would be so incredibly cool.

No comments: