Sunday, August 17, 2008

Out and About - 17 August

Since arriving in Tasmania, I have suffered from itchy feet syndrome. There are so many places around the state that I'm dying to visit and photograph. So it's no surprise that I already had this weekend somewhat planned in my head. Saturday turned out to be a bit of a non-event since Friday was spent driving to see the heavy snowfall that occured during the weekend. I now have new favourite towns and a little scottish coffee shop that is divine! I'd go every day if I could (there is also a danish restaurant that I spotted in Devonport today that I can't wait to go back and try).

However today was market day (Yay - I love markets!!!) in LaTrobe. I thought it would be bigger and better than it was. I wasn't overly impressed with it, however they have several antique stores (one called Reliquaire is my new doomed store - I'm doomed to visit and never leave empty handed. They have soooooo much stuff, and art deco home reno stuff.... I can totally hear my credit card groaning from the pressure now) that look oh so enticing.

(Frogmore Lane - don't you feel like playing leap frog!!!)

From here, it was a drive down Frogmore Lane (I could totally see several of my family members playing leap frog down this lane - it is gorgeous!) and then onto Devonport. Now I like the new town we are living in. I love the city we live near, but today I fell headlong, head over heels in love with the north-west of Tasmania. Even though I'm stuck in the North-Midlands at the moment, the North-West will be my aim to move to when the time is right (aka when I can afford to move out).

(Waving to all our family on the mainland from all of us here at Mersey Bluff)

(Mersey Bluff overlooking the entrance to the Mersey River. No, we are not in
Liverpool and do not need tuppence to cross it!)

(looking at the snow on Cradle Mountain from the hills of Devonport)
Oh, did I mention the most FANTASTIC chocolate factory, cheese factory and rasberry farm that are along the highway just outside of Devonport. I have worked really hard and lost some weight for my brother's wedding but I'm sure I put on 3 kgs just driving past these places today (ok, there is a small chance that we stopped at the chocolate factory for coffee and ice-cream but hey, for only $1 more you can get two scoops, right mum???) Seriously, don't ever, EVER get the double scoop ice cream from Anvers unless you starved yourself for three days prior. Truly!
And because I am such a trooper I will make a return trip to Anvers asap to get a photo of said double scoop for everyone reading this. 'Cause that's just the kind of girl I am.

Hmmmm, now what to plan for next weekend?????

1 comment:

Brissiemum2 said...

Oh looks great....cold but great! ;)

And I want me some of that chocolate/ice-cream/you-name-it!