Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Evan Almighty - An Ark Inspiration

Have you ever watched a movie or heard a song or read a book that struck a chord?

Albeit a night later than anticipated I finally watched Evan Almighty tonight. Yes, I know it is a comedy, but there were moving undertones to the entire film. I did find it funny, chuckling along in all the right places, but for some reason it was the key undertones that got to me most of all. (If you haven't seen Evan Almighty, look away now) The last scene of the movie where God (Morgan Freeman) divulges that meaning of ARK and how to change the world. You change the world with one Act of Random Kindness at a time.

Having made some major changes to my life in the last 18 months it still doesn't seem like enough. I've always tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated. Now, though, I intend to do more. And I also would like to challenge everyone who reads this blog to bring a little ARK into your lives.

Remember, to change the world you do one Act of Random Kindness at a time!!!

2 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

Reminds me of the Pay It Forward movie. I loved that concept!

So does this mean that you Foxtel now? And if so....Tuesday nights, 9.30pm, Fox 8! Lol! ;)

The Cats Mother said...

Yay for foxtel (or in my case, Austar)!! I've missed cable (is it wrong that I almost kissed the remote when they connected it??).

Thank you - righto. Tuesday nights - it is now marked in!!!

And yes, it's a very 'Pay It Forward' movie.