Thursday, August 7, 2008

To Tivo or Not To Tivo

I have been reading through the tv guide listings for the olympics and marking down what we will want to watch (swimming especially) and I saw a big ad for tivo just below the schedule. Do we have tivo in Australia? Apparently. All I know about tivo is what I've seen on Sex and the City and believe me, that isn't much. So when I saw how much tivo costs (we're talking nearly $1000 just to get all of the equipment) I wonder if it's really worth it. Couldn't I just get mystar from austar?? *shrug* I don't know. I wish I knew someone who had tivo who can tell me if it's really worth it?

Had a good giggle this morning though after Mel and Kochie discussed the whole physics of playing badminton and the drift that affects the "c**k". I thought Mel was going to start crying when Kochie started talking how they have climate controlled the badminton venue so there is no drift "c**k". Priceless!!!

2 comments:

Brissiemum2 said...

Oh, I want Tivo. It is coming here in the next few months apparently. So cool, but yep, will be expensive for a while!

And I'm not sure of all the comparisons but I do believe that you can do similar stuff with the cable networks already.....tape live tv, pause live tv, watch multiple channels at once etc.

The Cats Mother said...

I really am leaning towards getting tivo myself - but it might have to wait until I move into my own place (which won't be long hopefully).

I'm trying to find out if my friends in Vegas have tivo to get the low-down on how it works. I really would like to hear from someone who has it and found out what it's like. I don't want to blow $1000 on something that I end up hating.

Beurgh - technology. This is why we have brothers!